2008 Halloween Countdown #9

Final plans are on the drawing board. It feels nice to keep it a traditional Halloween theme. As I mentioned in a earlier post, I'm pushing the eclectic further. I'll be adding more classic holiday icons this year I never have before (such as a witches, etc.). I have one fun idea for a element that reworks some old props into a homage to a particular old Aurora monster model kit (anyone born after 1980 probably don't know what I'm talking about). All to be revealed soon once I finish sketching it.

Some inspiration for today. These promo videos by musician, artist, animator Voltaire have a very "off center" traditional Halloween look and feel I like. I've read that the pumpkins in the first video are actually carved, dried up apples. Just like folk art dolls or "shrunken head" making kid projects. Pretty clever. I love simple but effective tricks like this.


1 comment:

  1. I've meet Voltaire on a couple of occasions, and I can tell you that not only is he a talented artist, he's also a hell of a nice guy.

    ReplyDelete